We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

Hey ppl...I need help on this one...I would like to go from Slovenia to Bratislava via Vienna...what is the best and cheapest way to do it? It doesn't matter if it is from Ljublijana or Maribor...I found an 8 euro bus tiket from Vienna to Bratislava and I would like to spend one day in Vienna before I go to Bratislava...help plz

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,106 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

As your journey originates in Slovenia I would ask in that forum.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,930 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

It should be possible to buy a discounted fare from Maribor or Ljubljana to Vienna. Check with the Slovenian train operator. Austrian Railways ÖBB (www.oebb.at) offers cheap tickets within Austria. From Graz or Klagenfurt you could also take the bus to Vienna (www.westbus.at). But of course you need to get to these places first. But Graz is very close to Maribor. Any direct train from Maribor to Vienna will pass through Graz anyway.

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

Slovenian Railways offer discounted 29 euro tickets for journeys to Vienna, but the problem is that SZ doesn't sell tickets online, so OP will need to buy ticket at the station, which might be the problem taking into consideration limited availability of cheap tickets

For journeys from Slovenia to Austria it's also possible to play some small trick - like buy online & print-at-home discounted domestic ticket from Villach to Vienna or even Marchegg/Kittsee (from 19 euro), while then just hop on Ljubljana-Villach train (12 euro). Will be a bit or detour (comparing to route via Maribor), but you won't depend on availability of discounted tickets Ljubljana-Vienna

4. Re: Transportation from Slovenia to Vienna or Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 11, 2014