We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Makati City...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

Our plane will depart at 6:00am and my problem is the train starts their first trip at 5:30am. We will be coming from the central district. How can we go to the airport?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

Taxi! You can pre-reserve one here:

RED CAB

AIRPORT Driver

C&K AIRPORT Service

You can easily google them. If you are close to Schwedenplatz, you may also consider the airport express bus. Times can be found on the website of Vienna Airport.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

And to make it easier for you this is the bus timetable Mikey refers to:

http://www.oebb.at/busplan2013/118500.pdf

Where exactly are you staying?

lafayette...
Level Contributor
144 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

We just came from Vienna and had the same situation-i stayed at the Nh Airport Hotel Which is actually right at the airport and you just walk across to the terminal-

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

No point staying at the airport hotel unless you only have a very short layover. If you're visiting Vienna it's much better to stay in town.

lafayette...
Level Contributor
144 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

Sorry -We only stayed at the airport the night before her flight was leaving at 6 AM-We had previously stayed five nights in the center of Vienna--We had a meal in Vienna about 4 o'clock and after that headed to the airport

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

How did you transfer from the city to the airport hotel?

lafayette...
Level Contributor
144 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

we took the u-bahn and then the S7 train- take the U-bahn to landstrasse/wien mitte stop then get the S7 train to the airport(you have to get another 2 euro ticket for the S7 train) I am not for sure but think this train leaves every 30 minutes- it is easy with luggage because you can take the escalators or elevators depending on how much luggage you have- the NH hotel is right across from terminal 3 area- you will see the big NH hotel sign

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

Personally I'd rather spend as much as possible of my last evening in the city and take the bus or a private cab. But the airport hotel is an alternative if you don't mind your last night being in a fairly anodyne place.

9. Re: Leaving Vienna Airport at 6:00am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 24, 2013