We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Conference in September 2013?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
429 reviews
Save Topic
Big Conference in September 2013?

I am have problems booking Marriott Vienna for September 20 - 23 2013. Their phone in reservation system stated they are fully booked for those dates. Is there some type of conference in Vienna at that time ?

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

there are normally big medical conference in Vienna.

…convention.at/Convention-Calendar/…

Try to find a not so typical congress / American hotel and I am sure you will find a room

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

thanks for the update. Which hotel around Vienna Marriott would you recommend?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,071 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

Firstly does it HAVE to be around the Marriott for some reason? Secondly Vienna has hotels in all shapes, sizes and styles and at all price points. Could you help us narrow down your needs?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

I doubt that any hotel is really fully booked already now for September 2013, even if a big congress on your dates. I suspect that they didn't open booking yet for all their rooms and I think you'd better look for rooms in half a year when most hotels will display their true vacancies for September 2013.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

We need a room for 3 people. I would like it to be located in

Innere Stadt. It should have a various restaraunts within close distance - 10 minutes walk. The price for the hotel should be between 250- 350 Euros.

Breakfast should be included. And I would like a coffee maker in the room.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

For that budget, you can have you pick of very nice hotels in the first district. The Marriott (which I frequent regularly as the US Consulate is located inside) lacks character, in my opinion. It could be any hotel in any city (I also find the fake waterfall inside kinda tacky). As the first district is also really small, any location in the Innere Stadt will have loads of restaurants within 10 minutes walking. I also agree with the post above that it is a bit too early for booking rooms in September. Wait a few months until the data for the hotels are updated.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

Thanks for your input.

8. Re: Big Conference in September 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013