We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of visit?

10 posts
Save Topic
Length of visit?

As above, what would be the recommended amount of days required to be able to see the main sights of Vienna?

1. Re: Length of visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:22 am, November 01, 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Length of visit?

It depends on what you want to see; whether you intend to spend extensive time exploring museums or just see streets and buildings.

For the latter, I would suggest at least three full days. For the former, you could easily fill a full week.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Length of visit?

I have seen flights which would get me to Vienna from London early on a Thursday morning, and leave middle of the day on a Sunday, which would give 2 and 1/2 days worth of exploring.

We like to walk the streets and take in the atmosphere of cities, but also visit the occasional museum etc.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Length of visit?

You'd get a good introduction in that time. When are you thinking of coming?

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Length of visit?

I've spent weekends in Vienna.... arriving early Friday morning from the US and leaving on Monday. It's just enough time to become reacquainted with the city and see the main sites but not enough time to do any in-depth exploring. If you only have 2 1/2 days, you will have enough time to fall in love with Vienna and start to plan your return trip.

Enjoy!!

10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Length of visit?

Great, glad to hear that should be enough time to get a 'taste' of Vienna.

Norman C, the flights I have seen are actually next week! So unfortunately I would miss the Christmas markets which is a shame.

Cork Ireland
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Length of visit?

We had from lunchtime Sat to lunchtime Tues this last wk. You'd need that. Saw so much in that time.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Length of visit?

Shame you miss the Christmas markets, but still plenty to do! The Vienna Tourist office do a suggested 72 hour itinerary that you could probably make fit your time frame:

…wien.info/myvienna/recommendations/my-trave…

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Length of visit?

I check out the 72 Hour Vienna itinery a lot to do.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,671 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Length of visit?

You don't have to do it al!

Get answers to your questions about Vienna