We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

My husband and I are visiting Vienna for 2 days on 1&2 December 12 and would like to find out which bus tour offers the best value.

I did some research and found that most companies have identical itineraries, which I predict is the same company running under different names.

I would really appreciate if someone can offer me some advice on the best city tour with commentary and a 1/2 day tour to the South Vienna Woods.

Any other tips would be appreciated too. Also, I am not sure whether the Vienna card will cover the train costs from the airport to city. Is it included?

Thank you!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

Can't help with the tour question, but the Vienna Card only works in the city itself. As the airport lies just outside the city you need to buy a €2 supplementary ticket from the machines at the airport. Note that the Vienna Card can only be used on the S7 train from the airport - not on the CAT or airport bus. Read the relevant Top Questions above right for more information.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

Thanks Roman for the info.

I heard there is a few trams with audio guide in the city, do you how many lines of these trams are there? And are they covered by the Vienna card or do I need to purchase a separate ticket for the trams?

Thanks again :)

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

It's Norman actually.

There's only one route - the circuit of the Ringstrasse by the yellow tram. It's not covered by the Vienna card or any other transport cards. Most people consider it very expensive for what you get.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

Thanks again Norma, so sorry about the typographical error ><"

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,575 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

Still wrong!!!

6. Re: Vienna Bus Tour and Woods Tour (with commentary)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 02, 2013