We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schonbrunn palace tickets

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
Schonbrunn palace tickets

I am very confused when I go to the combined tickets under admission charges on the official site I get the tickets for eur 36 (for 4 people). But when I want to book tickets it accepts seperate tickets for adults & children which comes to 55 eur. Why the difference? Should I buy tickets from the palace itself? Will there be a queue? We will visit on 30th sept, Sunday. Also I believe there is some trade fair in Vienna so will it be crowded?

Thanks

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,779 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

I see your problem but can't solve it! Buy your tickets on the spot! Schönbrunn Palace is among Austria's most popular attractions and thus expect some queues.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

If I buy them on the spot will I get the family classic pass

Thanks

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

If you look at the list of notes at the right of the booking page it states: "Reduced tickets are available from the ticket desks at the museums only". So you will be able to get the reduced price family pass there.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

I have the same problem. I would like to get student concession but don't want to queue. Is it busy all year round? We are travelling in October and not on weekends?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

Some things are worth queuing for! But weekdays in October shouldn't be bad at all.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

We are going anyway. I just wonder if it is worth spending the few extra Euros and buying tickets beforehand or waiting until we are there to get the student discount.

But we chosen October to be off season and less busy and I hope that pays off.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

As long as you dont want to visit in on 26th October which is the National Day in Austria. Enjoy your visit

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

Sorry for a related question, but if i buy the tickets for Schoenbrunn online i have to specify a time to go in.

When I try to buy the Sisi Ticket I don't have to do that. So that means I can show up whenever I want? If that is so, why don't they do it, for the 'normal' Schoenbrunn ticket as well?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

Because Schönbrunn is busier and gets more congested.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schonbrunn palace tickets

When buying tickets in advance, do you use a separate line to enter the Schonbrunn?