We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Hello!

My husband and I have secured our opera tickets for our visit to Vienna in September but have had to wait for tickets to go on sale for the Musikverein. But the time is now upon us!

My husband found a graphic of the seating plan on another web site, but there are no specific seats indicated, just price ranges. Is there a site where I might see exactly where the seats are? Or alternatively, are there any specific seats that we should ask for? Or avoid? We have been buying mid to upper mid range tickets. We have attended concerts at the Musikverein and know that the accoustics there are wonderful throughout the hall. But we would like to enjoy the visuals as well.

Thanks so much!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,588 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Would this be what you're looking for?

musikverein.at/imgMaps/…GrosserSaal.pdf

Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

YES! Thanks so much, Norman!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

I'd avoid the back seats in the Parterre boxes - the acoustics are compromised by the Balkon boxes above in my opinion.

Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Thanks! I'm about to buy our tickets in a bit -3AM here! With the chart I can see where those seats are. Thanks again!

Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

For others buying tickets for the Musikverein (non touristy programs), the online box office was open at 3AM our time (EST) and tickets were FLYING! I had to change the day to get the concert we wanted.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,588 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

3AM (EST) is 9AM in Austria so peak time for local sales. You'd find it quieter to book when the Austrians are all asleep - say 9PM (EST)!

Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Yes, but the rate at which tickets were flying I doubt there would have been much left! We experienced much the same thing in securing tickets for the Staadtoper and the Volksoper. We bought them the minute the online ticket purchase site was open. And that is 3AM here! But we have tickets for good seats so are happy :-).

Shenandoah Valley...
Level Contributor
187 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

That is, the minute the online ticket office was open on the first day that we could purchase tickets.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

So I hope you enjoy your visit and all the music events then

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,588 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Musikverein--Prompt Reply Appreciated!

Aah, I see what you mean. The first day sales started at a convenient time for the Viennese. Thereafter I'm sure online booking is 24 hour. Just shows you, though, how popular good music is in Vienna! Enjoy!