We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions & train info

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Directions & train info

We expect to arrive in Vienna on a Sunday at approx 3PM and will be dropped off at the Courtyard by Marriott located at Schoenbrunner Schlosstrasse 38-40. However we plan to stay at the NH Wein at Maiahilfer Strasse 32-34 and need directions from our drop off point to the NH Wein. Also, we plan on taking a Monday morning train from Vienna to Munich. Is the NH Wein close to the train station or would the Courtyard be more convient? Should be reserve/purchase our train tickets on line and are there several morning trains to Munich? Can you recommend a good restaurant near either of the hotels. Lots of questions I know, but I wanted to get it all in in one post. Thanks

Clarabow

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions & train info

I would suggest that you review the answers that were given to most of same questions you asked in January. They were complete and concise. Included was the austrian rail website for train info.

The NH is closer to the Westbahnhof.

From the Courtyard take Ü-4 two stops to Langenfeldgasse- transfer to the U-6 and to stops later - get off U-6 at Westbahnhof- then either take U-3 to the stop near your hotel or walk down Mariahilferstrasse to the hotel.

Easier just to stay at the Courtyard. At least you have a chance to visit Palace Schönbrunn. Then follow above directions to the train station.

Numerous restaurants in the area of the Courtyard.