We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help

India
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Urgent help

Hi,

I'm flying from India to Germany with Vienna as transit. My flight reaches at 6:00 am in Vienna and the connecting flight is at 7:05 to Germany. Both trips are in Austrian airlines. Do you think that this is sufficient time (1 hr 5 mins) for flight change with usual formalities like boarding pass etc..

Please let me know the exact procedure for the transit as this is the first time I'll be travelling that too alone.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help

You will get the boarding pass for both flights already in India , also the luggage will be checked through. Just follow the sign for transit passengers or ask for help at the Austrian transit counter. So dont worry!!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help

You will have to do immigration as this is the point you enter the Schengen area. But Austrian would not have booked these two flights if they weren't sure the transit time was adequate. And should there be a problem such as a major delay on the flight from India they will get you to your destination on a later flight.

mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help

Last time we travelled from Spain via framnce on Air France, we did not pass immigration in Paris but did it only in Spain. Do speak to Austrian Airlines about your doubts

India
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help

okay, thanks a lot!

Can you tell me about the other documents required at the immigration desk apart from:-

Passport-visa , ticket,med insurance, the offer letter of the univ where i'll be interning

Or these mentioned documents are enough

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent help

That's too technical a question for this forum. You need to check that with the relevant authorities.

mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent help

Just your passport , visa, return ticket and maybe hotel reservations if hey ask

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent help

Shaliniamar are you absolutely certain about that? Giving people immigration advice is a minefield and can vary from individual to individual, not just country to country. Giving incorrect advice can be seriously troublesome - that's why we generally refer such advice to the relevant embassy or government department.

mumbai
Level Contributor
185 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent help

I just speak with my past experiences. You are right things change from time to time and country to country. Best to check with the airlines and embassy.

Sorry I should not have spoken so confidently. Would hate it if there is a problem due to my advice

India
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent help

ok, I'll carry all the documents I have for the purpose, they don't build up the weight of the luggage anyway :D

Thanks a lot for your reply!

10. Re: Urgent help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, June 21, 2013