We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

Planning July prague Vienna romania trip. Thinking take night train Vienna to Brasov and then work east to Bucharest later and fly home from Bucharest. Assume 2nd class sleeper train. Have Me Wife and 9 and 11 year old girls (2 adults 2 kids) There appear to be two trains one requiring a switch one not. early vs late. Can I book in advance? What are the fees including supplemental? Is there a way to get a compartment/section for just the four of us?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,941 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

For train info: www.oebb.at (go to the english version > Traveling abroad)

BTW: Flying to Bucharest would be way easier: www.flyniki.com

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,085 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

Unless you have urgent business in Bucharest, I wouldn't recommend it - there are lots of wonderful places in Romania, unfortunately Bucharest ain't one of them.

There are no direct trains from Vienna to Brasov - you would need to go through Budapest.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

Yes I know. There are two night trains one earlier then the the other. I will get off at Brasov one day hiking one day castles one day bacu (business) one short day Bucharest. And then 620am flight home. Specific questions remain from original post. On one train you have to exit at budapest to get other train. Is this a big deal? Can the four of us sleep in our own compartment? Any idea with different fees roughly what this adds, up to?

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

Discounted ticket (with reservation reservation included) for couchette Budapest-Brasov start from 29 euro (if purchased in advance), sleepers (from 49 euro). Full one-way fare Budapest-Brasov is 46,6 euro + reservation (fare depends on train, but 4 berth couchette is either 22 or 23 euro).

5. Re: Vienna Bucharest night train (actually probable Brasov)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, June 22, 2013