We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need questions answered

kildare
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Need questions answered

Hi - There is a group of us planning to go to Vienna at the end of the year. We were planning to stay at the "best western hotel romischer kaiser". There will be about 12 of us going and we think that is a good choice hotel since it says that it is beside the shopping street of "Kaernerstrasse"..... I just have a couple of questions

1) The date that we plan to go is from the 30/11/06 to 3/12/06 - will there be any snow on the ground???

2) Will the resorts for skiing be open?? - i have read on other forums that the two closest are Wechsel and Semmering

3) I read about the Medl-Brau brewry and was wonsering if anyone knew what time it opens and if it can cater for a group of 12 in their restaurant on a cold winters day???

4) If anyone knows of a good restaurant that caters for large groups

5) If anyone knows a good night time venue - for a more mature group that would look out of place at a modern disco...

6) I read somewhere that there was an ice-skating ring in the winter months - where is this situated - what times does it open at and do you have to book tickets in advance??

I would appreciate your input and looking forward to reading them.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need questions answered

I answer most important question first-#3

Medl Bräu-- in 14th District - best to reach it with #52 streetcar or #49 with a short walk.

They are open 16 -23h ( 4 PM - 11 PM)

They could easily accomodate your group. probably room there for 150 people. Good menu too with variety of beers.

#1 - snow is not likely ar that time.

#2 Ski resorts hopefully would just be opening at that time of year.Semmering is the most likely and easily reached by train. A day trip.

#4 The Gosserbierklinik in the city center ( near Graben)could accomodate your group. Not an on-site brewery but owned by the Gösser Beer people.

Also try a visit to a Vienna heurigen( wine tavern)

Martin Sepp in Grinzing ( take streetcar #38 to the end station then walk up the street 300 meters - it is on right side)- they are very accustomed to groups of all sizes.

#5 many just have a look near to your hotel.For Jazz try Porgy and Bess - not far from your hotel.

#6 Ice skating rink should be open then- just behind the Intercontinental hotel- near to the Stadt Park- just a short distance from the Ringstrasse.

No need to reserve.

I do not know hours- every time I have been by that area - they seem to be open - day and night assume at least 10am- 10pm

Your hotel is in a great location in the very center of the city - convenient to everything.

kildare
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need questions answered

Thank you for your quick reply.. you are a great help