Hi - There is a group of us planning to go to Vienna at the end of the year. We were planning to stay at the "best western hotel romischer kaiser". There will be about 12 of us going and we think that is a good choice hotel since it says that it is beside the shopping street of "Kaernerstrasse"..... I just have a couple of questions
1) The date that we plan to go is from the 30/11/06 to 3/12/06 - will there be any snow on the ground???
2) Will the resorts for skiing be open?? - i have read on other forums that the two closest are Wechsel and Semmering
3) I read about the Medl-Brau brewry and was wonsering if anyone knew what time it opens and if it can cater for a group of 12 in their restaurant on a cold winters day???
4) If anyone knows of a good restaurant that caters for large groups
5) If anyone knows a good night time venue - for a more mature group that would look out of place at a modern disco...
6) I read somewhere that there was an ice-skating ring in the winter months - where is this situated - what times does it open at and do you have to book tickets in advance??
I would appreciate your input and looking forward to reading them.