We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Musikverein Seating

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Musikverein Seating

I am very excited about this! I just booked online tickets on musikverein.at for a Mozart concert at the Musikverein in June. The artists are Daniel Barenboim and Staatskapelle Berlin.

The question I have is about the seating. I have purchased "fremdenloge" seats and I cannot tell exactly where it is except on the left side pretty close to the orchestra. Can any Viennese natives tell me any advantages or disadvantages to these seats. As long as the acoustics are good, I am not worried about the view.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Musikverein Seating

Fremdenloge is on the upper floor pretty close to the orchestra on the left side (seen from the back of the hall). The acoustics should be excellent, the view will very much depend on whether your seats are in the first or second row.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Musikverein Seating

Neither. The seat is on the third row. But as long as I can hear it well...

Thanks for the info. I am very much looking forward to this.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Musikverein Seating

Don't hesitate to quietly stand up from your seat to get a better view - you will not disturb anyone's view by doing so and people with seats in the 3rd row of the boxes often stand up.

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Musikverein Seating

Just wondering...can I still get tickets for this concert? I will be arriving in Vienna on 9th June. I can attend any of the concert during the week (11th, 12th or 13th). Thanks.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,598 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Musikverein Seating

A quick check showed some seats available for the 13th. You need to use the Musikverein website:

http://www.musikverein.at/startseite.asp

Fort Collins
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Musikverein Seating

I'm very interested in the seating at theMusikverein as the last time we attended a concert were unable to have a good view as we were blocked by others in front of us. As this will be my daughter's first visit I would like to have better seats.

Thank you!.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Musikverein Seating

Thelma,

I don't really find your question in your post but you could start having a look at the plans of the concert halls:

www.musikverein.at/konzerte/saalplaene.php…

There are plans which include price categories from which you can deduct how the view is. Generally speaking, the views in the second and third rows of the lateral boxes are not ideal, especially on the Balkon. On the other side, the sound is much better in the back of the Balkon boxes than in the back of the Parterre boxes.

Tel Aviv District...
Level Contributor
421 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Musikverein Seating

apparently, 2 concerts of the Wiener Philharmoniker in 30/31 december are sold out...

in that case, i'm interesting in concerts that are taking place in churches (i had a very good experiance in prague same time of the year). any idea how can i find information about those kind of concerts?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
13,598 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Musikverein Seating

www.events.wien.info

10. Re: Musikverein Seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 18, 2013