We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

Cosenza
Level Contributor
18 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

Hi all,

I' m preparing to a 3 months work experience in Vienna (from Italy) and now I'm looking for an apartment in the city.

Could you help me in finding the best district where looking for?

I would like to find a place confortable for my family (and the newborn) so, safe, near a green zone, near downtown (where is possible to go out for a walk).

Thanks in advance

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
22,200 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

You need to take a map and locate the apartments you find (on the internet). We can't do that for you. Downtown and green zone is (rather) hard to fulfill. The only areas matching this criteria are:

>Prater (2nd district)*

>Augarten (2nd district)*

>Belvedere Palace & Garden (3rd and 4th district)

>Stadtpark Area (1st and 3rd district)

*.....2nd district has some ugly and some very nice neighborhoods.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

It all really depends on your budget. Apartments closest to the city center (first district) will be pricier, but in my opinion less livable as the area is overrun with tourists and isn't where "real" people live. Very few green spaces in the first district as well, but much is pedestrian streets. There are several short-term apartment "hotels" in the first district, which may suit you. When I first arrived in Vienna, I stayed at Singerstrasse 21/25, which I fully recommend. Furnished apartments with housekeeping several times per week. http://www.singerstrasse2125.at/. There are other similar apartment hotels around town which you should be able to find using google, etc.

Every district has its good and not as good areas, so overall location depends on the exact address. If you want to rent a furnished apartment on a temporary basis, you should look at homeaway, airbnb, etc for some ideas. In my opinion, the better districts would be the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th. Parks are just about everywhere in Vienna and it is a very compact city with good transportation. There are really no bad areas in Vienna as it is a very safe city.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

Re the above comments

So not agree about First District-

" Real " people live in Vienna First District- about 20000.

A former neighbor of mine was a resident for 60 years +

many supermarkets, shops, culture - walking distance.

Stadtpark, Volksgarten,Rudolphplatz, Heldenplatz nice green areas

Naxxar, null, Malta
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

Hi, I am moving to vienna as well for 4 months in October and wanted to ask if 1020 Wien, Obermüllnerstraße in 2 distrct was a good location and also if 1150 Wien, Gasgasse in the 15 distrcit was a good location. I will have my baby daughter with me. Thanks

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
15,068 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

@ JCalB

Welcome to TripAdvisor forums.

As a general piece of advice it's usually best to post a question as a new topic rather than attach it to an old and dormant thread. That way it usually attracts more answers.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,742 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

Both areas are not really recommendable

both have "night activities" close by

7. Re: 3 months in Vienna with my wife(and a new born)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 30, 2013