We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarians in Vienna; Teenagers

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Vegetarians in Vienna; Teenagers

My wife and I will be joined in Vienna in July by our two sons--20 and 17.

Looking for recommendations for:

1. non-meat dining

2. safe bars/venues for boys at night

All leads appreciated

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarians in Vienna; Teenagers

In answer to your vegetarian query (since I'm entirely clueless as to bars) - despite its reputation as a haven for carnivores, Austrian restaurants cater pretty well for vegetarians, in my experience of travelling round there with vegetarian friends.

Wrenkh is a famous vegetarian restaurant right in the centre of Vienna (Bauernmarkt 10, close to Stephansplatz). The first meal I had there was sublime; last time I was disappointed in the food and service. But it's worth a go, I think.

Nearly all the restaurants and cafes will offer vegetarian selections. From my own experience, Cafe Oberlaa, on the Neuermarkt, has some nice vegetarian food on its simple menu (the vegetable strudel is particularly tasty). I had some fabulous pumpkin spaetzle baked with cheese at Cafe Frauenhuber on the Himmelpfortgasse. And come the summer there will be loads of dishes featuring either asparagus (spargel) or varieties of wild mushrooms - yum! No need for vegetarians to go hungry in Vienna!

R

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarians in Vienna; Teenagers

here some restaurant

If you are shoppimg on Mariahilfer Strasse that´s the place. It´s in an the 2nd inner court yard

nice rice

1060 Wien, Mariahilfer Straße 45 (Raimundhof Top 49)

Art of Life

1010 Stubenring 14

BIO BAR von antun

1010 Wien, Drahtgasse 3

at these palatschinken = pan cakes restaurants / you can get several ones filled without meat

Palatschinkenkuchl

1040 Wien, Naschmarkt Stand 131-138

Palatschinkenpfandl

1010 Wien, Köllnerhofgasse 4