We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Vienna

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Vienna

We are two women who will be visiting Vienna for 4 days in late October. We have found a short-term apartment that we are interested in renting. It is located on/near Ottakringer Strabe in the "SoHo" area of Vienna between Huberpark and Lorenz-Bayer Park. We're trying to determine if this is a good, convenient area to stay, near attractions, or if the area near the Danube is a better location. Thanks.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

We dont have a SOHO area (-_^) and especially not in the 16th disctrict

I will take you some time to reach the Inner City with U6 and/or tram.

If you dont mind then you can stay there .

Or you look for an appartment which is within the disctrict 1010-1090 , so inside the Gürtel which brings you closer to the city center.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

Thank you! The other area we've looked at is near Prater Park near the Messe-Prater U2 station. Is this more centrally located? I'm not sure how to know if places were are considering are within the 1010-1090 district. Is the Gurtel a highway around the city? We would prefer to be within walking distance of shopping, dining and attractions. Thanks so much for your help!

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

The Guertel is one of the busiest streets in Vienna dividing the Inner Districts from the outer one.

it is also not the first class area. Especially Prater during night isnt.

How about you look anything like

1020 closer to the first district

and

1030 - 1090

Just look if you are close to an under ground stop then you more independent and reach many places fast.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

this is great information! Do you know where I might be able to find a map of Vienna that identifies the districts so that I know if these apartments are in 1020 or 1030-1090? Thank you!

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

Using the following site - you can search for apartments by actrual district.

www.netland.at/wien

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
383 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

We just returned from Vienna and I would highly recommend the bed and breakfast where we stayed. It is called Spiess and Spiess. Very reasonable and VERY nice. Can't recommend it highly enough. I wrote a review of it if you would like to read it:

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

thank you! I am checking it out!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
383 posts
395 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

Let me know if you have any questions about it...

9. Re: Where to Stay in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 10, 2012