We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vienna in late june - july

usa
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
vienna in late june - july

Can you recommend a hotel or apartment that is nice but not too pricey in vienna? I've realized that june/july is a busy tourist season. We also would like easy access to public transportation. We need to be in the Florisdorf (spelling) area. Is there any reasonably priced hotel around that area? (city is good too) any recommendation is appreciated.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vienna in late june - july

The area you mention is Floridsdorf,a section of Vienna east of the Danube. It is not really a tourist area. I assume that you have a special reason to be there. You would find fewer accomodations in that area perhaps an apartment for short term rental.

" Downtown" Floridsdorf is a major transfer point for public transport

The city trains ( S- Bshn) S-1, 2, 3,;streetcars ( strassenbahn) lines 26, 31, ; Subway ( U-bahn) U-6 and numerous bus lines meet there.

I really do not know of any reasonable hotels in that area.

Perhaps it is easier to stay in city center - see numerous pension recommendations on Trip Advisor including Pension Lerner- 85 euro with breaKfast.

www.pensionlerner.com

From City center ( Sthepensdom) you can take U-1 to the end station Kagran- then streetcar 26 directly to Floridsdort - probably 20- 30 minute.

If you need to stay in Floridsdorf repost here .

I can find some names of reasonable apartments there.