We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

I have just booked a ticket online on the OBB site. They did not send me a PDF copy of the ticket to my email address as they did last week when I booked another ticket on the OBB site.

This time they sent me a message with a link that displays my ticket online with the following text in the accompanying message.

Can you please help me understand what it means?

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde!

Sie haben am 26-08-10 20:47:56 ein Online Ticket bestellt

Ihr Ticket ist für Sie unter der folgenden Internet Adresse

bis zum Geltungsdatum abrufbar

Bestellnummer 28282979

Bestellpasswort 885109

I look forward to your reply and thank you in advance.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,930 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

It only says that you purchased an internet ticket and that you can retrieve it until departure day.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

Thanks a lot Mikey, for taking the time to answer my question. I was in a bit of a panic and your response was reassuring.

I managed to find and print the PDF copy of my ticket, so all is now well regarding this matter.

Alpharetta, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

I just booked too. Where did you find the pdf document? After booking, OBB sent an email to me with a link provided. Is this the actual ticket that I print or simply a confirmation for the ticket I purchased? I think it's the ticket but just want to be sure.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

click on the link and print as the above poster did for their ticket.

Alpharetta, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

Thanks Vertical. Much appreciation to you and the other contributors for the wealth of information you generously provide!!!

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

I also booked online on OBB site for a return journey from Salzburg to lake bled and got the ticket print out but cant figure out a word as its in german.

Can somebody help with this?

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde!

Sie haben am 10-09-10 13:42:29 ein Online Ticket bestellt

Ihr Ticket ist für Sie unter der folgenden Internet Adresse

ticket.oebb.at/bin/ticketview.pdf…

bis zum Geltungsdatum abrufbar

Bestellnummer 28575722

Bestellpasswort 793825

Neue Tickets können auch unter https://ticket.oebb.at erstellt werden

Wir wünschen gute Reise,

Ihr

ÖBB Personenverkehr

Moreover this is what the ticket looks like. It also has barcodes. Can somebody help?

FAHRAUSWEIS / BILLET / TICKET

CIV 1181

Gültig: HF 24.09.10-25.09.10 RF 26.09.10-27.09.10

Patel Simit

2 Erwachsene

0 Kinder

DATUM ZEIT VON/DE/FROM -> NACH/A/TO DATUM ZEIT KL.

CL.

24.09 * Salzburg Hauptbahnhof -> Lesce Bled * * 2

26.09 * Lesce Bled -> Salzburg Hauptbahnhof * * 2

Hinfahrt: (1181) (7900) JESENICE*

Rückfahrt: (7900) JESENICE (1181)

Hinfahrt: Vollpreis

Rückfahrt: Vollpreis

EUR 156.00

AT: ink. UST EUR 13.16

HINFAHRT RÜCKFAHRT TC-HF:

HG2NC9 4GTMBP OU68B3

TC-RF:

XSSS4J J4IULL OVF6RG

Wichtige Hinweise

Bitte verlangen Sie vom Zugbegleiter in Österreich die Erstellung je eines Kontrollbeleges für die Hinfahrt und die

Rückfahrt. Ausserhalb Österreichs ist der Internet-Ausdruck nur in Verbindung mit dem Kontrollbeleg gültig.

Ihr Internet-Ausdruck gilt nur in Verbindung mit einem Lichtbildausweis als Fahrausweis.

Kein Umtausch, keine Fahrpreiserstattung

Wir empfehlen für Online-Tickets den Abschluss des

Ticket-Storno-Schutz der Europäischen Reiseversicherung.

Buchung für Privatkunden: https://secure.europaeische.at/oebb

Buchung für Firmenkunden: https://secure.europaeische.at/oebb-business

ausgestellt am:

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

I had also booked for flexible fare from salzburg to lake bled of timings 10.14 am departure from salzburg to lesce bled arriving at 1.51 pm on 24th september and departing from lake bled at 8.12 am and reaching salzburg at 11.49am. on 26th september. Is it what is mentioned in german on the ticket. Please if anybody can help as I have a connectiing train from salzburg to vienna at 1 pm. I would be very grateful.

Thanx in advance.

Edited: 8:46 am, September 10, 2010
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,930 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

You booked a full fare ticket from Salzburg to Lake Bled, hence you can take any train you like. The outward journey can take place on the 24th or 25th, return journey on the 25th or 26th. If you purchased a paper ticket at a station, the validity period would be much longer. The barcodes are necessary for the verification of the ticket aboard. The train attendant must (and will) print you a "confirmation receipt" which is necessary for the succeeding Slovenian train staff. Without the receipt, the Slovenian train attendant could not verify the ticket issued by ÖBB. The problem basically is that (flexible) internet tickets are not as safe as "traditional" paper tickets issued at stations. So keep the receipt with your internet (or pdf) print out!

Edited: 9:28 am, September 10, 2010
Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

Thanx a lot mikey for the help. Its highly appreciated. I am traveling from India and just booked the internet tickets as I didnt have many other options. Can you tell me if on the tickets I booked, would it be possible to freeze in on particular times and particular dates online or otherwise as my itinerary is set and want to book for Salzburg to lake bled on 24th September for the train departing on 10.14 am and arriving in salzburg at 1.50 pm and on the return journey from Lake Bled to salzburg on 26th September departing at 8.12 am and arriving in salzburg at 11.48 am? Would I have to validate this online ticket on the station ? Actually I am traveling on the Eastern European Pass for 5 days from Prague-Krakow being the first on 15th night, then Krakow to warsaw on 18th morning, warsaw to budapest on 19th night, budapest to salzburg on 23rd morning and lastly from Salzburg to vienna on 26th September. As far as I know there is no connection from salzburg to lake bled on the eurail so i couldnot add a day and get it booked. Thats why I took this internet return ticket from Salzburg to lake bled. Can I validate this ticket on 23rd September when I reach Salzburg on the train station from budapest or before that? Also would like to know if the OBB station is the same station from where Eurail will depart as I am booking the Salzburg vienna trip at 1.00 pm and will reach salzburg from Lake Bled the same day at 11.48 am from lake bled.

Thanks for your help again. Its highly appreciated.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ticket Question - Booked online on OBB site

By the way, if you ever need anything translated, Google Translate is a HUGE lifesaver.

http://translate.google.com/

You can even put whole webpages in.