We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Vienna

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Hotels in Vienna

Can you advise on reasonably priced hotels for 6 nights in July - we would like to be quite central but dont mind a 10-15 min walk.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Hotels in Vienna

What is reasonably priced in your opinion?

I would suggest that you search the hotel section of Trip Advisor - you can insert dates of stay and price criteria.

Note the city center is the First District ( postal code 1010 ) best for tourists- from this city center - the surroundings districts are 2-9 - (postal code 1020 etc. ) some better located than others

At least this lets you begin a search-

also look for the many postings about hotels here

qatar
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Hotels in Vienna

i think you could try royal hotel, its very central near stephenplatz metro station and excellent location and rates are very good.i stayed one night, and its clean and acceptable

take care

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Hotels in Vienna

I would not recommend the Royal.

The only good thing about it is the location- in my opinion overpriced and over-rated- please refer to the reviews and troubles of guests on this site.

qatar
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Hotels in Vienna

well, as you admitted that the location is good, and excellent in my view, could not be better. may be you agree with me that its hard to have it all. My stay was acceptable as it was short and allowed me to come back and forth to the hotel in very short times. Usually, its not expected much out of small hotels such as this except that you have descent place to sleep, shower and keep your stuff in addition to acceptable breakfast.I'm well travelled and usually i stay in 5 stars hotels and I selected the royal hotel this time as a stop over since i left to Prague the next day and I'm planning to stop again in the same hotel in my return stop over before I fly back home from Vienna.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Hotels in Vienna

Location is not the only criteria to judge a hotel.

I repeat - the only good thing about it is the location in my opinion.

Many other hotels have equally good locations - better prices, better facilities, better service and do not attempt to unfairly move their clients to fill their other lesser sister hotels. This happens much too often to be a mistake in booking procedures.

Read reviews.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Hotels in Vienna

Thank you for your suggestions !

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Hotels in Vienna

Thank you for your suggestions !

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Hotels in Vienna

niki13 For what it's worth, we visited Vienna in January this time and as first time visitors didn't really have much idea of hotel/location.

We opted for the K+K Maria Theresia and were fortunate to get a good rate. Can't fault it at all - location was just right for us but most importantly the staff were first class.

Too be fair, we found the people in every restaurant, bar, cafe and shop to be very welcoming.

In fact on the morning of our arrival, a lady realised my wife and I were trying to work out a route from our tourist map, and stopped to offer assistance.

Maybe we were just lucky but we loved the place and the residents.

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
37 reviews
9. Re: Hotels in Vienna

Sorry just realise my typo. I meant to say we visited for the first time in January. Must be the thought of the coffee houses!!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Hotels in Vienna

Thanks for all the help.