We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westbahnof to NH Vienna Airport Hotel

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,463 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Westbahnof to NH Vienna Airport Hotel

Hi,

My wife and I will be arriving by train from Budapest at Westbahnhof. What's the best way (we'll have a lot of luggage) to get to the hotel?

Thank You

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westbahnof to NH Vienna Airport Hotel

I reckon your best (and cheapest) bet would be to take the bus that goes direct from Westbahnhof to the airport. They will load your luggage into the hold under the bus and unload at the other end so as good as a taxi but cheaper! According to the Vienna airport website, the buses run every 30 minutes and the journey takes 35 minutes (goes via Sudbahnhof) and you can see the timetable (PDF) here

oebb.at/Angebot_Reisen/…VALWest.pdf

It also shows you a wee map of where to catch the bus outside the station. Fare is apparently 6 euros per person one way.

The bus stops at the departures entrance to the airport and the hotel, apparently, is directly opposite the arrivals terminal, which is downstairs. You could ask the driver if he is going to carry on down to the arrivals area, since he might be picking people up there for the return journey so you could just wait and go too (though they might have already unloaded your bags at departures so make sure they don't get left behind!). If you can't go down with the coach, you could stick your cases on a trolley, go into the airport terminal, and follow the directions to the ground floor and go out the arrivals exit. Then, the hotel is directly across the street. You can see it on this map:

english.viennaairport.com/Parkplan0704.pdf

The bus stops at "Terminal 1" for departures and the arrivals hall is where you see the sign "K1".

The alternative would be to take a cab but I'm not sure how much that would cost - probably about 30+ euros I guess.

Hope that helps,

R