We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Melrose, Florida
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Hotel Melia to city center transportation

We are attending conference and staying at Hotel Melia (Yes, I know it is inconvenient location). Could some of you wonderful people please give me specific instructions on what type of public transport is recommended to get to city center? Also, how far is the station? How do I get to station walking? Will fare be covered by weekly transport pass? What subway / and or train and or bus do you recommend? Finally, is it safe for individual female to walk from station to hotel later in evening? Thank you all so much. We are excited about visiting this wonderful city.

12 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,643 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Take subway line U1 which links that neighborhood to the center. Buy a guidebook and/or download network maps from the website of the Vienna Public Transport Body "Wiener Linien" in order to learn more about public transport in Vienna.

The closest stop of U1 is "Kagran - VIC", takes approx. 5 minutes to walk there from the hotel. Vienna weekly passes cover all means of transport in Vienna. No safety issues, just use common sense.

www.wienerlinien.at

Edited: 12:17 am, October 20, 2017
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Your impressive hotel overlooks the station and your concierge will direct you if you’ve any doubt. U1 has three stops in the central zone (Schwedenplatz, Stefansplatz and Karlsplatz) which are 6-9 minutes ride from the stop (which is actually called Kaisermühlen-VIC) meaning your hotel isn’t that inconvenient as it may at first seem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Great Hotel. I stayed there for a convention in May.

The quickest transfer by public transport is a direct Vienna AirportLines bus service from the airport going to Kaisermuehlen - VIC. It leaves from directly in front of the airport terminal building and costs about 6eu but it runs every hour. Alternatively, train/metro via the city.

The hotel is not well signposted from the bus stop or the metro station (both about 100m from the hotel). Just look for a black skyscraper, the hotel is contained within that building with an entrance on that level. The best way to travel to the city is by metro; cheap and quick - about 15 min to Stephansplatz.

Melrose, Florida
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Thank you all! Once again, trip advisor os fantastic!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,643 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Regarding closest subway station: It's actually "Kaisermühlen - V.I,C." and not "Kagran - VIC" as I stated above.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
104 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Don’t worry Michael - I’d already corrected that! ;-)

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,643 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Yes, I saw that but I wanted to acknowledge my mistake! ;-)

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

I wouldn’t bother as you make so very few! :-)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Vienna! I am traveling there in May. How did you travel from the airport to the Hotel? Any guidance you have is appreciated. Thank you, Jo Anne

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Melia to city center transportation

Actually did a bit more research and looks like from the VIE airport, take the train to Wien HbF then connect to U1 and exit at Kaisermuhlen station? Thanks everyone!

Reply to: Hotel Melia to city center transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted