I will be travelling to central Europe in late December - mid January together with my wife and 7 months old baby (by December end). Flights from Singapore to Munich and coming back from Prague. Below is my travel plan. We are most interested in scenery, shopping, culture, and little bit of history and architecture. We are not into nightlife.
Day 1: Arrive Munich at 9 am
Day 2: Munich
Day 3: Munich
Day 4: Train to Salzburg [rent car from Salzburg]
Day 5: Salzburg - drive to Hallstat for day trip
Day 6: Salzburg
Day 7: Vienna
Day 8: Vienna
Day 9: Vienna - drive to Budapest for day trip
Day 10: Vienna - drive to Bratislava for day trip
Day 11: Vienna [return car]
Day 12: Train to Prague
Day 13: Prague
Day 14: Prague
Day 15: Prague - 7 pm flight back to Singapore
Day 16: Arrive in Singapore
1. I plan to rent a car while in Austria since it is more expensive to rent and return in another country.
2. Is it easy to move around using public transportation in Munich and Prague? (with a baby stroller)
3. Are day trips enough for Budapest and Bratislava? - or they require few nights stay at least?
3. Any other suggestions or day trips/places to go?
4. I experienced driving in Europe previously but had never crossed the border. Is there anything that i need to know on driving cross the border? e.g. Vienna - Budapest
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.Edited: 3:59 am, October 16, 2017