We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in while in Vienna

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Best area to stay in while in Vienna

Hi

My girlfriend and I have booked flights from Ireland to Vienna on the 4th of april,staying 4 nights. Can you recomend a good base to tour the city which is also in walking distance from the pubs and clubs? I appreciate this question has been asked a million times before but if someone could help,especially an expert from Vienna it would be great.

Look forward to hearig from you

Thanks

Mick

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
26,643 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

The best place to be accomodated is doubtless the inner city, where the old charme of Vienna has been preserved. There is not one district, where everything from sights to night entertainment is located. Vienna possesses a dense and reasonable public transport system, which takes you within minutes into the inner city. In the night there are night buses covering almost all areas. Normally a short walk is needed to reach your final destination.

vienna
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

As Mikey advises - Vienna has an excelent transport system and most all areas are easily reached - it just takes a little time.

The most central and best area in my opinion is the inner city ( also known as the First District.) that area inside of the Ringstrasse that circles this district.

Easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, major tourist sights and of course bars , clubs.

Look for a hotel with a postal code of 1010 - the First District . All types and prices of accomodations available.

Also use the search function on this site for much info

Vienna is considered a very safe city- no problem walking on the street in the evening.

Any questions - just post back here!

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

Brilliant, thanks for your help guys.

I'll start my search for accomodation and if I need anymore info I'll post again.

Again,your help is much appreciated.

All the best

Mick

Vienna
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

try to find place near stephansplatz or schwedenplatz, thats the center of the city, the pubs are arround there and you can walk because everithing is very colse there.

5. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:31 am, March 02, 2007
Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
4,138 posts
106 reviews
6. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

@Markus

you mentioned now the Do & Co hotel in many threads without giving an details..I think it´s enough "advertising " done by you.

Austin
Level Contributor
924 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

Good eye, HuSanNiang!

Markus, you've been outed.

8. Re: Best area to stay in while in Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 26, 2009