We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Bregenz
Search

euro accepance in various countries

usa
Level Contributor
111 posts
euro accepance in various countries
Save

We will be traveling extensivly throughout Europe for about a month soon. Have decided to only carry ATM card with euro dollars to access cash as needed for best security. My question is this.... Will the euro be accepted in ALL these following countries and if not what other type local currency will I need and suggestions please.... to just purchase when I arrive using prepaid euro card or?

Travels to include: Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Litchenstein, Greece, London, and possible to Turkey and Czech Republic.

thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Benton, Missouri
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: euro accepance in various countries
Save

The Euro is accepted in the following countries: Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, and Finland. In Switzerland you will need Swiss Francs, in London the British Pound, in Turkey the Turkish Lira, and in Czech the Czech Crown. Sounds like a wonderful trip - enjoy.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
63,106 posts
12 reviews
92 helpful votes
2. Re: euro accepance in various countries
Save

The Swiss franc is the official currrency used in Lichtenstein. A note on euros - the notes are standard throughout the euro zone, but each country mints its own coins, which are accepted throughout the zone.

Have a swell trip.

Get answers to your questions about Bregenz