We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitzbuhel - march 09

SW London
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kitzbuhel - march 09

Hi all, hope someone can help.

A group (29) of us are going out in march, with varying abilities of skiers, from advanced to complete beginers, and all in between.

None of us have been to Kitz before so any ideas on where a varying group of skiers could ski as a group would be great - the 1st timers are doing ski school, so really need advice for low / nervous intermediates.

i doubt we would ski as a group this big form more than about 1 hr, but as there are some tentative skiers amongst the group it would be good to be able to warn them where not to go.

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitzbuhel - march 09

There are runs for all levels in Kitzbuhel from beginner to advanced. Majority of runs are blues and reds with a couple of hard blacks. Be careful with some of the runs as they tend to start off as narrow runs (nervous intermediates might find daunting especially with the congested traffic) before opening out into wider pistes. This is particularly evident when you start off from main Hahnenkamm cable car. There are nice runs heading over towards Kirchberg as well for intermediates. Avoid the 70% Black run if intermediate though its good fun for advanced skiers. Enjoy the trip!!!

Tirol
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitzbuhel - march 09

The slopes at "PassThurn/ Resterhohe", which is part of the Kitzbuheler ski area, are broad and less crowded. And you have a beautiful view at Austrians highest mountains in the distance. You should go there at least once. Another good thing: You can not get lost - its just one lift next to the other...

similar, but closer to Kitzbuehel (in fact directly in Kitzbuhel) is the ski area of "Kitzbüheler Horn". I don´t know it myself, but I know, it is mostly blue runs and a lot of ski schools go there...

3. Re: Kitzbuhel - march 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, October 15, 2009