We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas/apartments in austria

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
villas/apartments in austria

hello, are there any austria experts out there? i am considering going with my family (total 10 persons) next may to the austria/germany border and would like to rent a villa/large apartment. there is shockingly little info on this topic on the web. does anyone know of a great opportunity? i was thinking innsbruck simply because it's central. the idea is to base ourselves for a week but be able to hop on trains for daytrips to munich, salzburg, mountains, etc. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. peace, eric

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villas/apartments in austria

Seefeld is not far from Innsbruck - near german border and offers numerous apartments.

look to their website

www.seefeld.at

click on aparments - seefeld for descriptions in english.

Seefeld is a nice mountain village less than 30 minutes from Innsbruck- frequent train service to Germany - Mittenwald etc. many summer and winter activities.

also look to the area near Salzburg

www.villarenters.com

many listings.

An alternative pick a town you may like and contact their tourist office. They should have lists of available places.

Your only problem is to find a place for 10- selection will be limted perhaps 2 apartments would be easier.

Muehlbach am...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: villas/apartments in austria

I know a place which sleeps 10, contact me on

ngfletcher100@gmail.com

Deb

Kiwi in Austria
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: villas/apartments in austria

I know you said austria/germany border but if you are willing to venture just alittle further you'll find your self in Schladming.There is an excellent train link so no problem there.Pleanty do see and do around and all the places mentioned are not far either.

I can personally recommend a small apartment hotel recently fully renovated to very high standard.

In May there are great deals available as well as a sommer card ...

Apartments come in range of sizes, from studio, as well as one and two beadrooms, so there will be pleanty of space for all of you.You can have as little or as much space you choose.

All the apartments have fully equiped kitchens, or you can choose the cafe within the house.

Its run by a very nice family and they will be very happy to assist you during your stay there.

Website with plenty of pictures and information is available in english as well as several other languages and consierge is on hand to answer all your question and queries.

Two saunas and a solarium available to the guests, and much more should you choose to make further inquiries...

Utah
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: villas/apartments in austria

Eric,

I just joined tripadvisor this week and I am very unfamilar with how this works. I too am planning a trip to Austria this coming year with my family and would like to find an apartment to rent, hoping it would be less expensive than hotel rooms for 8.

I was very intrested in the reply you received from Sound of Music. I could not read the entire reply, and what I could read did not contain any infomation about how to contact the place. Would it be possible for you to share that information with me? Or do you know how I could contact Sound of Music myself?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Utahsue

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villas/apartments in austria

In my opinion Schladming is not a good place if you plan sightseeing for Munich, Salzburg etc.

Schladming is 1 1/2 - 2 Hours by train south of Salzburg.

Perhaps for sport weekend of hiking or tennis, or skiing in winter it may be OK. but not as a sightseeing base

see

www.oebb.at

for train info.

The area of Salzburg is a much better base. Munich 2 hours -( ask about the cheap Bayern ticket) mountains just outside of town.

look to www.salzburg.at

for much information including a big list of apartments under the accomodation heading.

Kiwi in Austria
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: villas/apartments in austria

I guess everyone sees things a little different...as you can see from the people who contribute to this forum.

As I did mentioned earlier, Schladming is little further away from the austria/germany border, but it's still a reasonable distance not just from Munich and Salzburg, but as it's based in the center of Austria it's position makes it accesable to many other places worth visiting.

Austria is such a beautiful country with plenty to offer, that regardless where you are based or what places you visit, you won't be dissapointed.

Kiwi in Austria
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: villas/apartments in austria

Dear Utahsue,

I am delited to see that you were interested in what I was writing.

Austria is such a beautifull country and the people are very friendly. First time I went to Austria I enjoyed it so much and I'm always looking forward of visiting again.

Gertrude Stein once said "America is my home country and Paris is my hometown and it is as it has come to be "

( this time it's not Paris but the feelings are just as intense)

Now let me try to answe some of your questions;

Among beautiful nature and scenery you'll find that Austria also excels in its hospitality, and you'll find that decent accomodation would not be hard to come by.

Having said that, it does depent on location and time of the year of course, but generally should't be a problem.Appartments could prove to be a better option than hotels, especially for a party of 8, and perhaps also more convinient.

My personal recommendation was for a small apartment hotel in Schladming.

On their website (www.tritscher.at) you will find the information in english as well as dutch, russian and german of course.

The floor plans for all the appartements are available together with the picture and description.Hope you'll find it useful.

And if there is anythig you are unable to find, feel free to E-mail them, as I'm sure they'll be glad to help with any queries you might have, like perhaps with transfers, Cafe menu, and if you are planing to visit during summer months you will be receiving the "sommer card" free of charge, which will enable you to enjoy a range of services and activities for free.

On a personal note we find that staying in mountains during summer helps cope with hot weather a lot easier, without making any sacrifices.We indeed prefer peaceful and relaxing holiday in nature with ocasional trips to nearby places of interest.

Train links are not a problem as the train station is centrally located as well as the Tourist Office should you require further information or advice.

End of January there is the ever popular night race - world cup night slalom men, begining of July there is the mountain bike world cup, and plenty more in between.

You haven't mention anything regarding your group like their age or interests, but I hope that visiting the salt mines, Mozart, Sound of Music tour (just to name few ...) would be of interest!

Hope I managed to give you some information you may be able to find useful.

Perhaps you can "post a new topic" next time you writte, and if you have any questions I'll be glad to hear from you again.

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: villas/apartments in austria

HI

We stayed with an English family in a small village in Austria ( about 45 minutes drive from Salzburg) this summer and had a great time. We stayed in their smaller apartment but they showed me the large one and it sleeps 10 I think, would be ideal. If you're interested I'll give you their details.

D

cincinnati
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: villas/apartments in austria

Eric,

I am with you. I need information about Innsbruck and vicinity. I am taking my family of (5) there in mid-April 2007. I have been disappointed in the lack of information on the web.

If anyone can help me with things to do, where to go, accommadations etc, etc...I would appreciate it.

We are planning on traveling South from Fussen around 18-19 April to the Innsbruck area. We do not have our heart set on Innsbruck. We just want the Austrian experience of small mountain villages and snow boarding/ skiing (kids). Their ages are 15, 12 & 11.

From here we are headed to Venice.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Brian

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: villas/apartments in austria

We are planning on traveling South from Fussen around 18-19 April to the Innsbruck area. We do not have our heart set on Innsbruck. We just want the Austrian experience of small mountain villages and snow boarding/ skiing (kids). Their ages are 15, 12 & 11. -

I hope you won't be too disappointed but by mid April the ski season is pretty much over unless you look for glacier skiing/snowboarding. Lots of Austrian resorts traditionally close on Easter Monday. I'm nnot sure about those around Innsbruck though.

Sorry

D