We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Innsbruck or Mieders?

Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Topic
Innsbruck or Mieders?

I will be travelling with my children to Innsbruck in mid December 2013 for 4 days. I wish to know if it is possible to try out skiing for beginners on a day trip if I stayed in an Innsbruck Hotel versus up in Mieders or some other ski village.

I would appreciate any kind of advice to help me decide on the location to stay.

Please let me know also any hotel that I might be better off with. There will be 4 people in my travelling group.

Thank you.

Level Contributor
3,278 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Innsbruck or Mieders?

Ofcourse you can stay in Innsbruck and do a day ski trip.

you just have to know. The ski classes normally start in the morning hours.

Kind regards_Chrissy

Innsbruck, Austria
Level Contributor
9 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Innsbruck or Mieders?

You can stay in Innsbruck and go skiing with the kids in Mutters, Patscherkofel or Seefeld (further away). There are busses leaving for Igls and in addition there is a tram leaving from town center to Mutters. Check out www.Muttereralm.at, ski courses for the kids are plenty and slopes are great to learn. Patscherkoffel is steeper for more advanced skiing. Parents can go skiing as well or go sightseeing in town. Both Mutters and Patscherkoffel are about 20 min by public transport. Great hotels in Innsbruck are Hotel Europa, Penz or Congress hotel. Hilton is in need of tlc.

3. Re: Innsbruck or Mieders?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 12, 2014
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question