We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

Hi everyone,

I'll be journeying to Innsbruck for Christmas and New Year this year (can't wait!!). I'll be traveling with my extended family - 10 adults - and most of us will want to ski for a large portion of the trip.

I've read up about the Olympia Ski World pass and the access it gives you to the different resorts around Innsbruck, however I can't find online a place I can order these passes with including them in some accommodation package (we've already arranged our accommodation for the fortnight). Does anyone know where I can purchase these online, or is it something that can wait until we arrive?

Ski gear is also something we'll need to arrange. Most of us have all of our clothing sorted so we will just need to hire skis and ski boots. If anyone has any great ideas on the best place to hire these from, I'm all ears :)

Sorry for the twenty questions... Just one more I promise! We will be traveling with my young son (18 months)... Can anyone recommend some really cool attractions that I can take him to that will make him think that his dad is the best?

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to see what looks like a marvellous city :)

John

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

Sorry, when I spoke of the ski world passes I meant to say "without including them in an accommodation package". Bit of a difference there, haha.

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

Dear John,

you can buy the Olympia SkiWorld Pass at the city's tourism Office once you arrived in Innsbruck. You will need to show your Innsbruck Gästekarte (Club Innsbruck Member Card), which your receive from your Hotel upon arrival, in order to be able to obtain the card.

Here you can find Information on ski rental possibilities in Innsbruck: innsbruck.info/erleben/…skiverleihe.html

With your little son you could visit the Alpine Zoo. See http://www.nordkette.com/en/alpine-zoo.html for more Information.

Best regards, Christina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

Fantastic - thanks Christina :)

Our family is renting a Chalet over the Christmas period - do you think the Innsbruck Gästekarte will be available to us?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
680 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

John, renting a chalet sounds lovely. We are looking at spending Christmas there next year so can I ask what chalet you are renting?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

We'll be at the Chalet Inn in Hungerburg.

I think their website is chalet-inn.at. The pictures look great, can't wait to get there!

6. Re: Family holiday over Christmas/New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 03, 2014