We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg versus Innsbruck

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Salzburg versus Innsbruck

I'm travelling with my partner to Schliersee, Germany in the 2nd half of July, 2013. I initially intended to do a 2 day trip to Salzburg from there... I was however, wondering if I should do one day in Salzburg and one day in Innsbruck... They both look gorgeous. We both as a couple are not so interested in Museums etc., and rather enjoy walking around the city, taking the sights and sounds in. Any inputs would be welcome!

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,641 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

it is really up to you. both cities are beautiful. Salzburg is quite compact ( the old part) and probably more cultural), so it would certainly be on to visit both cities

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

Both are really nice. I personally prefer Salzburg.

I would base yourself in Salzburg. Less moving luggage around and changing hotels.

It's an easy day trip on the train to Innsbruck from Salzburg.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

With only 2 days I would stay in Salzburg, there is plenty to do there. We spent most of one day just visiting and exploring around the fortress. Innsbruck is sweet, but the old town of Salzburg is just stunning, IMHO of course.

Edited: 6:13 pm, June 27, 2013
Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

I think you can do both Salzburg and Innsbruck if you just want to do sightseeing and enjoy walking in the city. Besides the journey is only take more or less 2 hours from each city.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

I prefer Salzburg and also feel its easier to have a two night stay instead of packing up and moving every day. There is plenty in Salzburg to keep you busy.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

Thank you for taking time out to reply guys! Looks like the majority verdict says to just stick to Salzburg! :)

7. Re: Salzburg versus Innsbruck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014