We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

I'm stuck in Innsbruck and need help on how to work with the Swiss railways to get me back to Zagreb. I had purchased a round trip sleeper seat from Zagreb-Zurich-Zagreb and due to rains, they delayed departure by one night and I had to purchase a hotel stay in Zurich on my own dime. The train is now on its way to Innsbruck and will not go further. I had paid EUR 210 for the ticket, which is pretty high and now am looking at loss of my ticket and not being able to get home.

When I approached the railroad officials, they just said it was an Act of God and they can't do anything about it.

I would like them to refund my hotel stay in Zurich and to get me back to Zagreb. Any thoughts would help here. Please help, I am stuck! I have a full schedule in Zagreb, clients to meet, etc, so I am losing money every day.

Thank you.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

Words just fail me.

After hijacking several threads intended to inform people of the flood situation. Incessant complaining about how out of pocket you are. And all around you people have lost everything; some even their lives. And entire regions are at a standstill.

And all you can think about is you!

Auslaender is the nicest thing I can think of to call you, but far worse names come to mind. And I can't even begin to guess at what the Swiss and Austrian rail authorities. desperately trying to get their national networks functioning again, would think of your behavior, demeanor or self-centeredness.

I know this post will be removed, but boy it feels good letting you know just exactly what I think. And I'm certain I'm not alone here.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

I am very sorry that people of the region are experiencing such a horrible natural disaster, but no traveler deserves to be treated with disrespect as was done to me by Austrian and Swiss railroad officials.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,710 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

What disrespect? They are in the middle of an emergency and you demanded unreasonable things in the middle of it. Refunding a hotel? Refunding a flight? Seriously? You can expect in such a situation either that they honour your ticket once the rail lines reopen, or set up a bus trip once roads reopen, or refund you the costs of your ticket. You started pressing unreasonable demands on them while they could not do anything, so they sent you away to be able to help people with more reasonable requests. I would do the same.

14. Re: Help Needed - Stuck in Innsbruck (Zurich-Zagreb train)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 07, 2014