We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Innsbruck?

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford
1 post
Save Topic
Romantic Innsbruck?

Hi all,

I am looking to take my girlfriend away for a weekend in mid December, somewhere romantic. I thought snow, mountains, stunning scenery would be ideal. Can anyone tell me if Innsbruck would tick all the boxes? We do both ski but with very different abilities (she is much better than me!) so is there enough to keep us busy for a couple of days without having to ski? I would love to do a night toboggan/sledge run but according to my research it only happens on a thursday night, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for your help

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Innsbruck?

I'd suggested Salzburg rather than Innsbruck. There's opportunities for skiing there too, and Salzburg is a much prettier town with more going on, IMO. It's a nice time to go to either place, as the Christmas markets will be on, which are great fun.

Rol

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Innsbruck?

It's true that maybe you won't find lots to do in Innsbruck but that is only if you're going to stay for a week. We stayed there last weekend and we didn't manage to see everything and I think just being is amazing seeing the city surrounded by all those mountains and it is a very romantic place.

I recommend you buy an Innsbruck Card for 3 day which will cost you 33 euros and you will have unlimited travel on the public transport and all sights are included. It worked out much much cheaper than paying separately for everything. Even the shuttle service and entrance to the Swarovski museum is included. In our 3 days there we didn't manage to use it all but we would've liked to :)

You can get the card from the Tourist Information Office in Burggraben. Their people are more than happy to guide you to interesting places to visit.

Enjoy your stay!

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Innsbruck?

We went to Innsbruck last feb and fell in love with the place so much so that we are going back there next Feb for our wedding, so we definately think it's romantic. I would definately agree with getting an Innsbruck card tho, well worth the money and handy to ahve - the tourist office there is great. xxx

4. Re: Romantic Innsbruck?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, August 12, 2009