We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

I want to travel by rail from Vienna to Verona with a stop off (1 night) in Verona. Is there a ticket that will allow these or is it more cost effective to book 2 separate tickets. I am travelling with 2 children aged 12 and 15.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,570 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

Regular tickets (=tickets subject to standard fare) can usually be interrupted as often as desired (within the validity period). If you are willing to firmly choose a train service, you can save a lot of money by pre-booking through the website of ÖBB (www.oebb.at). Children below the age of 15 may travel free ON this ticket (which is named SPARSCHIENE by the way). You would then need another ticket to Verona. Be aware that you need a seat reservation for the train from Innsbruck to Verona.

Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

Thank you. I'm a little confused though - you say the ticket can be interupted but then you say I will need another ticket to Verona. Do you mean by this that I will need 2 different tickets but that I could stop off anywhere between Vienna and Innsbruck and then between Innsbruck and Verona?

That's useful info re children travelling free - shame one of my sons is actually 15 so I guess he wouldn't go free.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,570 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

No, I did not say that.

Regular ticket: Interruptions allowed

Discounted tickets ("Sparschiene"): No interruptions allowed

Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

Ah! Now I understand. Thanks for your help.

5. Re: Vienna to Verona stop off in Innsbruck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 28, 2014