We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels or Apartments that can Comfortably 8

Marriottsville...
10 posts
Save Topic
Hotels or Apartments that can Comfortably 8

I just learned that my two quadruple rooms that I booked consists of two double beds each. I should have checked this first, of course, but I didn't. Let's just say we're not petite people, so will be cramped in a double bed (assume they're similar in size to American double beds). Anyway, I've inquired about adding a third room, so will use that as an option if I have to. But, our budget will get busted if I have to pay for another room. So I'm wondering if you have any recommended hotels or apartments in or close to Salzburg that have rooms that can sleep 4 comfortably. For instance, we/re also staying in Rothenburg and with four beds per room. We have two rental cars so can stay just about anywhere. We need accommodations for 16-18 June, leaving the morning of the 19th.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels or Apartments that can Comfortably 8

Austrian doubles are usually queen or king size so surely they are as big or bigger than a US double. They are certainly larger than an average UK double. You'd be unlikely to find a hotel room anywhere which will take anything larger than 2 x double/king size beds. Maybe you should book a room per couple but even then the beds would be the same size----I'm confused.

Marriottsville...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels or Apartments that can Comfortably 8

Roe Family: Thanks for the information. Quite a relief to know that the beds are larger than a U.S. double. The hotel wrote that the beds are 180x200cm. We Americans are illiterate when it comes to the metric system and I didn't bother to do the conversion. After your note, I calculated that the beds are roughly 5ft 10 inches by 6 feet 6 inches so that's nearly a king size in America. Once again, great news and I appreciate your help.

Bruce

3. Re: Hotels or Apartments that can Comfortably 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 17, 2016