We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Hi All...

I have looked at the above hotel, and all is good, price, views etc...

My situation:

- Budget <£1,000pp for 1 week (incl. flights/hotel)

- Cannot rent car due to age (it is significantly more expensive)

- Would like to do activities such as lake tours, boat rides, canoeing, caves etc

- Will be eating out every day for at least 1 meal.

My questions...

- How easy is it to get into the city center from this hotel? And how much will it cost to get to/from the city?

- Is it better to stay city center as the majority of tours will pick up from here (and I assume restaurants will be here also)

Lastly... any recommendations (if you believe bloberger is not appropriate for our stay)?

Thanks!

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

This hotel is in a great location so you'd have the best of both worlds. If you're staying for a week buy a weekly bus ticket. Bus to the old town would take about ten-fifteen minutes.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Thanks, how easy is it to get to Salzkammergut? Is this best to be done through a tour company (on a day trip)?

I have enquired with the hotel so hopefully I can get a nice room there (the views look really nice :)).

I do like to eat out pretty much every night so as long as it's easy and inexpensive to travel to and from the city center it's all good (otherwise it'd be better to get a more expensive hotel in the center....)

Chris

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Very easy

Train and Bus timetables.

http://www.oebb.at/en/index.jsp

The 150 bus is the most popular. Lake Fuschl, Lake Wolfgang terminating in the centre of the Salzkammergut (Bad Ischl)

You can also bus to Lake Mondsee.

Audruicq
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Why don't you book an hotel in one of the lakeside resorts. Fuschl am See and St Gilgen look lovely especially as you want to take part in water sports. The Seewinkel hotel in Fuschl is right on the lakeside and offers boats and canoes free for their guests and seems to be within your price range. There are also plenty of other nice hotels in the village. A regular bus service takes you into Salzburg itself. The village also has a selection of restaurants. We have booked an hotel just outside the village for this summer, but we will have a car.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Fuschl looks lovely, unfortunately not having a car makes this location a bit of a pain...

I think I am going to try and book the wedding suite at Bloberger (despite not being married haha), as this is the same price as the superior room but looks a lot nicer (4 poster bed etc). The journey into Salzburg also looks quite easy on the bus.

Current plan is something like:

Sat - Settle in (arrive late afternoon),

Sun - Go into Salzburg by bus and have a wonder around, meal on evening

Mon - Tour to salzkammergut (evening meal)

Tue - Tour to ice caves (evening meal)

Wed - Salzburg card, visit lots of sites etc in the city (evening meal)

Thu - Red bull hangar 7 and maybe hop on a coach and sit by a lake if it's a nice day (picnic?)

Fri - Tour to the national park (the one beginning with B haha)

Sat - Pack up, and prepare to come home....

Anything big i'm missing that people would recommend?

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

Sunday is a great day to wander around Salzburg. Most shops closed and a lot less people around.

When are you visiting?

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

September 6-september 13

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

September good time to visit. Everything in and Salzburg will be open.

9. Re: Hotel: Pension Bloberger Hof (and other hotels)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, January 25, 2015