We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monsee and utersbergh

scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
monsee and utersbergh

Hi would i be able to vist both places on the same day by public transport and if so which one would i do first .

thank you

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,119 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monsee and utersbergh

Mondsee and Untersberg can be visited on the same day. Mondsee is reachable by regional bus, check times here : www.oebb.at/en

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,119 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monsee and utersbergh

Which one first? Well, I'd depend it on the weather and the visibility on that day.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monsee and utersbergh

I would take a decision on the day. If the weather is cloudy there would be no point in going up the Untersberg. The mountain is visible from the city so if you can't see the summit you know the visibility is poor. If the weather is good I'd do the Untersberg first as it's more light and weather crucial than Mondsee.

scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: monsee and utersbergh

Thank you, can i get a bus from uterbergh to monsee

thanks

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: monsee and utersbergh

No. You'd need to come back into Salzburg to get the bus for Mondsee. Bus 25 takes you to the Untersberg cable car station (about twenty-five minutes each way from Salzburg). The bus to Mondsee goes from Salzburg train station to Mondsee with no changes and takes about fifty minutes.

Your hotel should be able to help you with timetables, etc.

scotland
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: monsee and utersbergh

Thank you very much

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: monsee and utersbergh

Timetables

http://www.svv-info.at/en/home/

Regional bus 140 goes to Mondsee.

Edited: 9:17 am, January 12, 2014
8. Re: monsee and utersbergh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 14, 2015