We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

Hi all,

Will be staying in St Wolfgang for 4 nights in June after 3 nights in Munich (overly excited) and was wondering what is the easiest way to get from St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden ? Is there a direct bus? Me and my girlfriend are keen historians and after visiting the amazing Berlin, want to see the Eagles Nest for ourselves !!

Many thanks,

George

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

You will need to take bus to Salzburg and then to Bertchtesgaden and another one to top of mountain. Look for it on TA - it was explained many times.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

546 Bus to Strobl. Change in Strobl to the 150 bus to Salzburg. Then as suggested use search on TA on how to get to Berchtesgaden, A bit far for a day trip unless you have a car.

Alternative is a boat to St Gilgen then bus 150 to Salzburg,

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

Do you reckon it will be easier from Munich?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

If it were me I'd do it from Munich as a day trip.Far easier. Look at the weather forecast and book at the last minute as you will need a clear day to see the views.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

Good advice about the weather.

It's a waste of time and money if it's cloudy as you will miss the amazing views into Bavaria and Austria.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,594 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

there are excursions to the eagles nest from Salzburg, so if you get the bus to Salzburg you could join one of these. they also get quicker access to the upper road.

also, crystal and inghams both use st wolfgang, and do run excursions from there. if you can find their rep, you should be able to get on one of their direct excursions, if they have space on their bus.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

nakagoli

Are Inghams still using Pro Travel in St Wolfgang for their excursions?

Inghams do a Tuesday trip to Berchtesgaden from St Wolfgang for £36 not including entrance to the eagles nest.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,594 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

staff. no, protravel have gone out of the excursion business. inghams and crystal use another firm now. I think it might be panorama but I am not sure

Redhill, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

Cheers all!

10. Re: St Wolfgang to Berchtesgaden!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 29, 2014