We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg in November

Henley-on-Thames...
1 post
Save Topic
Salzburg in November

Dear all,

I am coming to Salzburg for a weekend and was wondering what the weather will be like? I am expecting it to be cold but will there be snow?

I have also been planning my itinerary. I am hoping I can visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress, Mozart's Geburtshaus, Schloss Mirabell and possibly the Dom in 2 and a half days.

The restaurants look good too; so far I am tempted to visit Die Weisse and Steiglkeller. Has anyone got any other good recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salzburg in November

When in November are you travelling? There is already a scattering of snow on the mountains and there could be more when you're there, it's impossible for us to predict. Here is a site showing averages:

worldweatheronline.com/Salzburg-weather-aver…

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salzburg in November

Places to eat, some ideas

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190441-…

Healthy fast food for lunch

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salzburg in November

Your itinerary looks sensible for 2.5 days. It will give you plenty of time to explore.

Weather impossible to predict but for Salzburg always ensure you have a good waterproof jacket and sensible footwear. A brolly is useful buy may be difficulty to use in some of the smaller streets.

If you do have a brolly you will notice a lot of shops have a brolly stand at the door. So you don't have to walk around dripping water. I have lost count of the number of times I have walked out and forget to pick my brolly up. :-)

You will find it a lot quieter on the Sunday as a lot of shops are shut. A good day for strolling and admiring the architecture.

4. Re: Salzburg in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 19, 2014