We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konditorei

singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Konditorei

Hello,

Am heading to Salzburg in November with mum. I was looking for nice Konditorei equivalent to Cafe Central in Vienna (mum loves it to bits). Is there anything like it? She absolutely loves the Cafe Central... especially their Kaiserschmarrn... Thanks in advance.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Konditorei

I know of nothing quite like Cafe Central, in Salzburg, but the nearest you'll get to that atmosphere is cafe Tomaselli on Altermarkt.

http://www.tomaselli.at/en/

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Konditorei

There is nothing like Central in Salzburg. Central has become a tourist trap, sorry to say.

Closest to Central is Cafe Bazar in Salzburg, riverside next to Hotel Sacher. Sorry, no Kaiserschmarrn in Bazar but great breakfast and cakes. Hotel Sacher is my fav place for Kaiserschmarrn and for Wiener Schnitzel. Or try Tomaselli, more like a Viennese Kaffeehaus but dont know about Kaiserschmarrn.

For really great cakes visit Konditorei Schatz in the through way from Getreidegasse to Gruenmarkt (shoe shop on the cnr. of Getreidegasse.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Konditorei

Best Konditorei in Salzburg is Cafe Niemetz, on the Herbert von Karajan Platz (just behind the Pferdeschwemme fountain at the end of the Hofstallgasse which runs alongside the Festival Hall). It's more of a classic Konditorei than Central, and the range of cakes is amazing. The coffee is great and the chocolates well worth a guzzle! The staff are much nicer than the ones in Tomaselli or Bazaar, in my experience - I've been treated with disdain in all of the Salzburg cafes except for Niemetz! That may be because they don't get many tourists there, despite the central location. Excessive exposure to tourists does seem to sour the temper...

London, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Konditorei

Another vote for Cafe Niemitz, lovely cakes. Also Café Fürst tucked into a corner behind the Alte Markt, opposite Tomaselli. I didn't like Tomaselli, sullen staff, and poor service.

Also Fürst has the best (and original) Mozart balls, expensive but nice!

singapore
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Konditorei

thanks all

6. Re: Konditorei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 20, 2014