We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap way (preferably flights) from Lisbon to Salzburg

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap way (preferably flights) from Lisbon to Salzburg

Good evening TA Salzburg! My parents and I are thinking of visiting Salzburg around 1st week of September. The plan is to fly from Lisbon to Salzburg, spend about 3-4 days there and fly onwards to Paris. Living in the US, so far my travel tools have been Kayak, Expedia and Travelocity. The Lisbon-Salzburg leg (with a stopover/transfer in between) is around 550$'ish per head (one way). Is this reasonable? Are there any other websites you'd suggest where I could get cheaper tickets (think the Ryanairs and Easyjets of the Western European world).

Another suggestion I've received is flying from Lisbon to Munich and then taking a 2 hr train, but the price doesn't seem to get any better!

If you guys feel that 550$'ish is reasonable for a one-way fare, then I'll stop hunting for better and get on with the other parts of trip planning!

Thanks!

Vikram

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap way (preferably flights) from Lisbon to Salzburg

TAP Lisbon - Munich is the only direct flight I can see. Like you say not cheap. Nothing direct to Salzburg.

Ryanair only fly out of Faro and Porto not Lisbon.

Easyjet fly out of Lisbon but only to Germany and Switzerland.

It may be cheaper to fly TAP Lisbon - Vienna and catch train to Salzburg. Cheaper flight but a more expensive train journey.

$550 dollars is not cheap but I am not seeing any alternative. A Portuguese gentlemen once asked me if I new what TAP stood for. No I said ...................... Take Another Plane. :-)

2. Re: Cheap way (preferably flights) from Lisbon to Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 03, 2014