We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Operator Suggestions

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Operator Suggestions

Hello Salzburg,

In October a group of 8 (7 adults, 1 child) will visit Salzburg via the train from Budapest. I'd like to take a day and hire a private guide to tour the near area including Birchtesgarten and Eagle's Nest. I've Googled some tours, but was hoping some locals could suggest some favorite options I can contact.

Any insights are appreciated.

Best,

Jeremy

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tour Operator Suggestions

Hi Jeremy

I have never used a guide but the one I see pop up the most is.

eagles-nest-tours.com/EN/…

Perhaps somebody has used them and can comment.

Just be aware the Eagles Nest closes in October. If Snow is early it may be shut when you want to visit.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tour Operator Suggestions

A tour of the sights in the old town can be done very easily on your own. It is tiny and easily navigated on foot. The tourist office in Mozartplatz has details of tours if you really want to do that. They also have a Facebook page so you could ask the question there too.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tour Operator Suggestions

Hello staff025 and LizR,

Thank you kindly for your insights. While I have been to Salzburg many times, this trip will be a bit special, as we're bringing the entire family. And since they are history buffs, wanted to see Eagle's Nest.

Thanks again. Ever get to Budapest, please send me any questions.

Jeremy

4. Re: Private Tour Operator Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 05, 2014