We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

glasgow, KY
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

We will be in Salzburg on 17-6 and attending a concert in salzburg has been recommended. Which would be best - Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg? Thanks so much for any advice you could give.

Vienna
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

Do you attend concerts because of the music or the location ? Hohensalzburg is the castle overlooking Salzburg and a nice place.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

Have you considered the dinner concert in Stiftskeller St Peter? Frankly I think that's the best of the touristy concerts:

www.arteconcerto.com/en/concerts/Salzburg

Edited: 12:33 pm, May 10, 2013
glasgow, KY
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

Thanks so much for both replies. We will look into all suggestions. Could you give separate recommendations, one for location and one for music? We are looking forward to visiting beautiful Salzburg. Thanks again.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

I haven't attended the Mirabel concert but I have been to the other two. While the room in the fortress has the most spectacular view over the city, I didn't enjoy the music nearly as much. There were no singers and the musicians rushed off at the end. I believe the meal is optional (we didn't have one) and is served before the concert in a different room.

The Stiftskeller St Peter concert has singers as well as musicians and the music is played and sung between courses of the meal. The Baroksaal is beautiful and lit like an 18th century room with the musicians and singers in 18th century dress. It was a very romantic evening.

5. Re: Concert/Mirabell Palace or Hohensalzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 12, 2014