We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Bombay
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

A buddy and I are visiting Salzburg mid-June. Arriving by train from Vienna for a two day trip after which we plan to take a train to Budapest. My questions are:

1. Are the main tourist attractions concentrated in one area?

2. How far is the main railway station from the tourist attractions?

3. Any recommendations for a good four star hotel near the tourist attractions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vienna
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

1. It depends, but most of the attractions are concentrated in one area.

2. From the train station to, let's say the Getreidegasse, the city centre, it is about 25 minutes of walk (1,8km). But very good bus service is provided. I would reccommend to get the Salzburg Card as it includes the entrance to the attractions as well as the public transportation. In your case you can choose a 24h or a 48h Salzburg Card at either 25 or 34 Euros. But it is really worth buying it: www.salzburg.info/en/sights/salzburg_card

3. The local tourist office knows the availabilities and can help out in finding the accomodation which satisfies your needs: info@salzburg.info

Regards

Ottavio N.

Bombay
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

Thanks a lot for your reply. It is very helpful. I will look for a hotel closer to where most of the tourist attractions are. As suggested, I can pick up a 48 hour Salzburg Card. I will write to the tourist office to find the hotel.

Once again thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

Regards,

Kris

Edited: 8:28 am, November 22, 2012
Vienna
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

I'm so sorry...te correct e-mail address is tourist@salzburg.info. I was confusing with the website which is www.salzburg.info

Bombay
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

Thanks a lot.

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

We enjoyed this hotel very much: http://www.weissetaube.at/ It is 4-star and in the Altstadt--very good location.

But don't get too hung up on the number of stars--hotels get stars added and subtracted for things that you won't probably care about: like having meeting rooms available and uniforms for employees. There are 2 and 3 star hotels that are better than some 4 star places.

Bombay
Level Contributor
149 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

Thank you Yostwl for the feedback. Will keep.the Weisse Taube in mind when taking the final decision.

7. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 16, 2013