We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg / innssbruck /hallstaat

UAE
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Salzburg / innssbruck /hallstaat

Hi

As part of my 22 day europe trip by end of march 2013, i am currently reading about Austria and deciding which are the places to shortlist.We are family of 5 with 1 kid( 4 years).

Plan as of now-- 6 DAYS AUSTRIA- 2 days vienna, 2 days salzburg,1 day hallstaat.1 day travel to and from.

we will reach vienna and spend the day and next in vienna.

day 3 we plan to goto salzburg and spend the day and next in salzburg.kindly suggest what are the excursions possible from salzburg.- the highlights in your opinion.Is it easier to goto Hallstaat from salzburg or from elsewhere.

is it worthwhile to visit 1 day innsbruck/Tyrol or should i opt elsewhere? wachau valley ??

Any other sugegstions for places we could.visit in austria?- we like nature,architecture. i was reading about salt mines

We will be moving to switzerland from austria.

Many thanks in advance & Kind regards

Sheetal

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
23,570 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salzburg / innssbruck /hallstaat

2 days for Vienna is the absolute minimum, so I would not do any side trips! Innsbruck would be on your way towards Switzerland, so why not stopping there. I like Innsbruck and thus I would stop there.

Hallstatt can be easily visited from Salzburg, but it takes some time though. Hallstatt is among the excursion options that we usually recommend to people staying in Salzburg. An other option is the Berchtesgaden Area Southwest of Salzburg City which already belongs to Germany. For more please use the search function of the forum. Wachau Valley would not be that great at this time as ferries there won't run then and landscape will still be in transition from winter to spring.

UAE
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salzburg / innssbruck /hallstaat

Thanks mikey for the input ;)

3. Re: Salzburg / innssbruck /hallstaat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 14, 2013