We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Salzburg to Vienna

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tour Salzburg to Vienna

Hello

Please help if you can!

I will be departing Munich 23 August 2006 and then departing Vienna for Italy on 29 August 2006.

In between I have 6 days in Austria to see various sights. I thought about travelling from Innsbruck to Salzburg to Vienna spending equal amounts of time in each city, however from reading various posts in this forum now think its too rushed. I think maybe its best to go straight from Munich to Salzburg and dividing my time equally between Salzburg and Vienna. Do you agree with this. Is the sacrifice of missing Innsbruck (during summer) justified by spending more time in the bigger two cities?

If you have any other suggestions please let me know. I even have a chance of bypassing Munich and picking up two days by flying direct from London to Salzburg???

Thanks for your help.

San Jose
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Salzburg to Vienna

Yes, I would skip Innsbruck and go to Salzburg and Vienna. Salzburg is small but very charming. You can split 3/3 or 2/4 (4 in Vienna). A nice option would be to rent a car in Salzburg and take a leisurely drive for 1 or 2 days to Vienna. There are quaint little cities and villages along the Danube, and hillside monasteries.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Salzburg to Vienna

I agree. Skip Innsbruck this trip. Much to do in Salzburg and Vienna. Many day trip possibilities. Have a great time!