We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mcm Tours

Dubai
Level Contributor
7 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Mcm Tours

I am feeling guilty writing this after nearly one year but as people say better late than never. During our trip through Austria in 2010, I was desperately searching for a company providing a day trip to Hallstatt from Salzburg, but found out that most of the big tour companies do not offer this during March. Then I found this company called MCM Tours who were offering the tour. After I contacted them through their website mcmtours.at, I received a prompt confirmation even without paying. The informed through mail that I have to pay the driver cash at the end of our tour. I had no idea what to expect from this company as I could not find much information about their service standard but this tour turned out to be one of our most enjoyable one. Ok, it may have helped that there was no other people in the van except the three of us and our driver/guide was happy to accommodate most of our requests. But what was really impressive was the guide’s knowledge about Salzburg and Bavaria area. He provided us with a lot of practical information ranging from what is the best way to visit Hanger 7 in Salzburg to how to get the best view of Neuschwanstein. Even though he was not getting any business out of this information he was spontaneous in his help. To top it off while coming back from Hallstatt, after coming to know our interest about the Gollinger waterfall, he took a detour to show us the waterfall. We will never forget his help in making our day such a memorable one. I am really sorry that I have forgotten his name and can not thank him personally over here but my thanks to MCM Tours for such wonderful service.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mcm Tours

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's very interesting and also very useful to other travellers. I'm glad you had such a great and memorable experience. Here is the website for others to see but it also has an email address if you wanted to write and thank them.

http://www.mcmtours.at/en_aboutus.htm

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mcm Tours

Thank you for your review of MCM tours, I was looking for exactly the same tour for this coming summer, thanks to your review I think I just found the perfect company, and I just sent our reservation.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mcm Tours

We just finished the tour. What a great day. Manfred was outstanding

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mcm Tours

Here is their programme for 2012:

http://www.mcmtours.at/en_tours_ov.htm

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mcm Tours

Hello - We will be there for 3 days. Which tours do you recommend? Thanks

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mcm Tours

Hello, my family will be there just one day aug 22 and was wondering if u were able see most of the important sites in one day. we would like to head back to vienna via train on the same day..any recommendations to stay the nite and head back to tour vienna.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mcm Tours

Hello: I'm probably late with my response but I just arrived back in AZ on 9/9. It was an awesome trip. I spent a week in Salzburg and did quite a bit. Small town and we were able to fit alot ...including Hallstat, Eagles Nest, Untersberg and most of the town sites....all by bus and Bob's Tours. We felt rushed during some of Bob's Tours but it was only because of the time crunch and having to fit in everything. It was good though. We enjoyed the sites. We then took the train to Zermatt/the Matterhorn and spent 2 days there, jumped back on the train and spent a week trekkiing in Italy, France and Geneva. In Salzburg, we stayed at B&B Bloberhof in the country near Untersberg. Great hosts, food, and bikes to use at our leisure. Was lovely. Hope you're enjoying your time. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mcm Tours

Do you mean Pension Bloberger Hof?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mcm Tours

We used MCM tours for a tour to Neuschweinstein Castle out of Salzburg. Would NOT recommend this tour due to the high cost and drive. Our family of four were in the van and the total cost was 600 Euro (about $900 U.S), so basically, MCM made $120 per hour. Not a bad deal for MCM. Although I realize there is the guide's time, cost of gas and insurance, I thought this to be quite high. Also, what MCM's website doesn't disclose is that this DOES NOT include the tickets for the Castle and the bus ride up which is an additional cost. We were not informed of this until we arrived at the castle. (Other tour companies like Panorama include the cost of the ticket (i.e. Eagle's Nest within the total cost - so be sure to ask!!!) Why this isn't disclosed on the MCM website, where it is disclosed for the Eagle's Nest tour and another tour is a mystery. Although Manfred was very helpful in directing us where to purchase tickets and how to get to the castle via bus, the tour was not worth the cost. The tour of the Castle only lasts for 20 min. , no pictures are allowed once inside the castle, and after the tour we only had time to grab a quick ice cream as you're spending another 3 hours to drive back to Salzburg. Save your time and money and spend it enjoying the city of Salzburg or look into other tours such as Sound of Music or Eagle's Nest.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mcm Tours

We used the service of MCM TOUR SALZBURG, and it was EXCELLENT , We made the reservation far in advance to visit Hallstatt , all the process was very easy .

The day of the tour ,Manfred arrived on time , he was a superb guide , very knowledegable of the region , he is an excellent driver as well, ( since it is not easy to drive in the mountains) , he was very pleasent to talk to and on our way back he took us to the town center in Salzburg and gave us several reccomendations for sightseeing. We highly reccomend his services and the tour to Hallstatt, since it is a beautiful and enchanting place.

The prices are competitive and you dont need to pay until the end of the tour.