We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel from knight and day

sheffield
Level Contributor
19 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel from knight and day

I am trying to book the hotel with balcony featured in the new Tom Cruise film Knight and Day. Does anyone know its name please.

It's not Hotel Stein where a rooftop chase was filmed

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel from knight and day

I haven't seen the movie, but having a gawp online I came across this site which said that scene was filmed in Cadiz and on a movie set, so it's not a real hotel:

…wordpress.com/2010/…

Probably the Hotel Stein has the best view of the old town and the fortress - or the Hotel Sacher.

sheffield
Level Contributor
19 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel from knight and day

The wonders of the www. Thank you so much for getting back to me. We look forward to visitng Salsburg next year probably at the Hotel Stein! If you ever need UK or Yorkshire information please get in touch.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel from knight and day

Glad to be of help! The Hotel Stein is a wee bit peculiar for my tastes, with its kitschy decor, but the views are great.

You can see the view from the rooftop cafe in Liz R's profile picture, and I expect the guest rooms have that same view - oh yes, here we go! http://www.hotelstein.at/

I would not like a view of the "charming" Steingasse on the rear side of the hotel, though, cos there are a few bars down there and the alley's so narrow it would magnify every sound - I would plump for a room with the view across the river towards the old town.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel from knight and day

Hello, Roley is right. My picture shows the view from the Stein but it's one of the last hotels I'd stay in. Inside it's dark, low ceiling (but not in a quaint way) and I've heard from a friend who lives in Salzburg that the rooms are a bit dated. I'd choose another hotel but go up to the Stein roof terrace for a coffee.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel from knight and day

"but it's one of the last hotels I'd stay in."

I agree. We have been there for drinks and that was enough. Dark, not particularly clean compared to most hotels I have stayed in and not particularly welcoming.

6. Re: Hotel from knight and day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 13, 2011