We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to book SOM tour from UK?

London
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to book SOM tour from UK?

Hi, I am planning to take my 8 yr old daughter to Salzburg for the SOM tour since she has recently discovered the film, just wondering if anyone here has tips about the best places to book a full tour - flights+hotels+tour from the UK?

Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to book SOM tour from UK?

Hi,Im going to Salzburg myself in a few months with my mum, and we are doing the SOM tour too. Our flights are booked from ryanair (www.ryanair.co.uk) and cost around ��41 each. You basically search different dates and choose the best inbound and outbound flights for you.They vary in price, some can be very cheap so search a variety of dates, and try to travel on weekdays and early morning/late evening if you can as these flights are also cheaper. We are staying in a bed and breakfast 10 minutes from the town centre called Trudes. I recommend you see the website (www.trudeshome.com) as it is more like a hotel, looks very lovely and family friendly (run by a lovely couple) and is very reasonable (a double room for 3 nights is costing us ��80 in total). This includes a full breakfast, a pickup from the airport. You can request a return to the airport for only 5 Euros. Trude (the owner) is very friendly and will answer your emails quickly if you want to ask any questions. She books tours for you when you arrive, many of which pick you up directly from the door, and gives lots of information on Salzburg, so you could book the SOM tour through her, or if you do a simple search on google of 'sound of music tour salzburg' you get lots or companies that you can book tours with. I hope this has been useful, we are really looking forward to our trip and it is only costing ��80 each for 4 days!