We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saalbach Hinterglemm

Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Saalbach Hinterglemm

We are a family with two teenagers keen to go to Saalbach hinterglemm next summer.Keen on walking golf & tennis.Thought hotel theresia looked nice.Any ideas & is there plenty to do ,especially if it rains?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Saalbach Hinterglemm

If you have a car, you can take day trips to Bad Reichenhall (a nice spa city in Germany, my wife likes to shop therr), also Salzburg and Berchtesgaden are easy day trips. Zell am See is another place worth stopping, very close to Saalbach-Hinterklemm; the Grand Hotel has good food and is very elegant.

If you don't have a car, then you are more limited, although local bus companies usually offer day outings.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saalbach Hinterglemm

can recommend the hotel wolff but their all quite similar, never been there in the summer but great in the winter.

Level Contributor
38 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saalbach Hinterglemm

If the weathers bad there is not a lot to do and can be very quiet I went there in May a couple of years ago and you could shoot a cannon up the street in Saalbach most anytime of the day and be very unlucky if you hit anyone. Only about foure shops including the supermarket. I would say stay at zell am see, plenty to do, good train service and bus service, lake for steamer trips, or walk round or cycle, tennis courts, cable car, hiking, more shops and bars, and take a day trip to Saalbach and Hinterglemm.

Carlisle, Cumbria
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saalbach Hinterglemm

Hello Ingie

We go skiing in Saalbach at Christmas and Easter and we went there last summer for walking. It was brilliant actually and not quiet as has been suggested. There was plenty going on and a summer party in the main street one night with bands and big trestle tables outside the hotels where you could eat great food. The walking is terrific there and the mountain huts are great. I think the Theresia is half way between Saalbach and Hinterglemm - fine if you have a car but if not I'd stay in the centre of Saalbach itself. The Post looks nice and everytime we have eaten there the lady owner has been very kind to our son - giving him Easter Eggs and little Christmas presents.

We do go into Zell am See but I don't think I would choose to stay there over Saalbach. The skiing is definitely far superior in Saalbach.

In Saalbach there is a big new swimming pool complex - open air. It was very popular but unless it's a boiling day it can seem a bit chilly.

Part of our holiday last year was spent in Dorfgastein in the Gastein valley staying at the beautiful hotel Hauserbauer. (See my review of it). Dorfgastein is very very quiet but very nice. We preferred Saalbach for walking though.

If it rains in Saalbach it's only an hour or so to gorgeous Salzburg. Ther's plenty to do there. You'll love it.