We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Salzburg

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Salzburg

We will be in Salzburg for a day on Monday, December 21. Where would be a good place to park our car? We'd like to hit the Getreidegasse, old town, castle, etc. Is there a convenient location over near Linzerstrasse, or the Mirabell Gardens?

Thanks!

jdmckay

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Salzburg

Best and most convenient parking in my opinion-

A very large parking garage- Altstadt Garage is conveniently located under the Monschberg mountain just a 5 minute walk from the major sights -old city, fortress, Residenz, and getreidegasse shopping of Salzburg.

It has a large capacity , more than a thousand autos on several levels- ( best to write down your level and parking space number ).

From the autobahn probably best accessed via the Salzburg airport exit , then driving past the airport and then just following signs to the " Altstadt " Garage - perhaps 10 minutes from the autobahn.

If you do not wish to enter the city center by auto - you can park at the airport and take the frequent bus service from there - or access the Park and Ride facility in the southern part of the city with bus service to the center.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Salzburg

I too would recommend the garage that Vertical mentions. It is so convenient for Getreidegasse and all the tourist sights. It won't be cheap, though.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Salzburg

Thanks. I know where that is...Does anyone know how much it costs?

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Salzburg

This is what I found:

…stadt-salzburg.at/common/legend/PP_8001_Alt…

Cost for the day: € 14 (which is cheap compared to the hourly rates).

5. Re: Parking in Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 16, 2009