We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

I am still a bit confused here. I plan to go Berchtesgaden from Salzburg by bus for half day in early morning, then plan to go Munich after that (in the evening). i have 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 11 years old). May I I am still a bit confused here. I plan to go Berchtesgaden from Salzburg by bus for half day in early morning, then plan to go Munich after that (in the evening). i have 2 adults and 2 kids (9 and 11 years old). May I know can I use Bayern Pass for the whole day? Where can i buy the pass? If not Bayern Pass, what pass should I buy?

Also, I am aware of it takes 45 mins from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden, do you suggest I go back to Salzburg, take my luggage and depart from there to Munich? Or take luggage along while going to Berchtesgaden , store luggage at Berchtesgaden station, then go Munich from here directly?

Thanks!

Shane

Mentioned in this post
Berchtesgaden
Berchtesgaden
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

You can use a Bayern ticket to travel from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden. Take RVO Bus 840 or take the train towards Munich and change at Freilassing to Berchtesgaden. I don't think the busses leave early on the weekends so the train looks like the best option if you are planning the trip then. You can then use the Bayern ticket for travel around Berchtesgaden, for example bus 841 to Könnigsee. Berchtesgaden has luggage storage at the station so better to store you luggage there and then go straight to Munich from there.

You can only use your Bayern ticket after 9am on Weekdays. On weekends you can use the Bayern ticket before 9am.

So if you plan early morning it better be a weekend.

Buy your Bayern Ticket at Salzburg HBF at any of the ticket machines, all of the ticket machines should have them. It should come to €31. Only take regional trains, for example don't use it on the Railjet, ICE, EC or IC trains.

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Berchtesgaden
Berchtesgaden
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

On Sat, Sun the bus leaves Salzburg Hbf at 9:15, reaching Berchtesgaden at 10:04.

You can download the timetable here

rvo-bus.de/oberbayernbus/view/mdb/kursbuch/m…

Mentioned in this post
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Berchtesgaden
Berchtesgaden
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

Hi Jayesscee,

Many thanks for the information.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
10 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?

Hi Hadiwi56a,

Many thanks for your timetable. Tks!

Reply to: Use Bayern Pass from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden and Munich?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted