We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villach Hbf Station to centre

Which Villach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
275 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Villach Hbf Station to centre

Hi. Just a quick question! We have a 2 hour wait between trains at Villach station. Just wondering whether it's worth popping into the centre or anywhere else very close to the station rather than just sitting there waiting. Any ideas or will we simply not have enough time?

Many thanks!

Enigma

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,336 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villach Hbf Station to centre

Anything is better than waiting at a train station. The center of Villach can be reached on foot within 10 minutes.

UK
Level Contributor
275 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villach Hbf Station to centre

Thanks Mikey. That's great that it's so close walking. I didn't really want to chance taking public transport when we have to get back for another train. Can you recommend any nice cafes in the centre to get a cake in while we're there?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
21,336 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villach Hbf Station to centre

No, I can't as I have only been there once - long ago! :-) But the center is rather small and the number of cafes thus small too.

UK
Level Contributor
275 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villach Hbf Station to centre

oh. ok! sure I'll find somewhere with good cakes as it's Austria. Can see you're from Vienna which is where we're heading-and I can't wait!

5. Re: Villach Hbf Station to centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, March 25, 2013